Jai's Photo of Nancy

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thursday with our Beloved - by Gary

This morning our faithful medicine kitty comes to wake me up (no matter how early) and to tell me that Nancy is up. He hears her stirring and starts meowing loudly in his warning meow saying "get up" I want in to see my Nance! She was up early today, around 6am. But let me start at the beginning....

Yesterday was Thursday and Nancy got much needed rest, wasn't up till 8:30. She was at her desk trying to write a letter to The Ceres Project thanking them for all the good food and ointments and teas they have been bringing over. It took her forever to even write an address on the envelope and it came out a little sloppy but actually legible. Then came the daunting task of actually writing the letter. I left for a bit and when I returned she was writing it on a different piece of paper. I asked if she was practicing so she'd get it right and she said that was what she was doing. At this moment it's still in draft form but I'll help her with it today.

Kaylin came around 11:30 and all of us who know her can imagine what a blessing that was. She spent some quality time with Nance and then they requested that I come in for a while. She told K about her experience of the crown chakra Yantra that Sean hung in her room being her exact experience of the toad. We remembered the messages she got with both of those experiences were about how she needed to relax. A lesson for us all for sure. Nancy then shared how she occasionally finds herself gripping and Kaylin suggested not resisting this feeling, not feeling wrong for the gripping but to go ahead and grip and be ok about it, to love herself through it, allow herself to move through it and as she does it will stop of it's own accord. We can really only grip and hold on for so long anyway. Resistance makes it more real. Resistance is futile. I thought this was brilliant and just the opposite of where we often go with ourselves in our processes.

We then played a game which Nancy has done with her before where she asks a question of her left hand, the analytical side, and gets the answer form her right hand, the artist side, the gut feelings, heart feelings.

I want to relay the whole session to you all because I feel it is so profound for our Nance and we are all on this journey together with her. Kaylin held the question and answer hands at those times.

To the left hand Nancy asked; "I have a question about why my body would want me to check out of here earlier than anticipated?"

Right hand answered; "It's about relaxing."

LH?- What is the most important question of my life? I want to create Shambala and Shambala in a place where I would be relaxed.

RH- ( after a long pause to contemplate)" I had a visual that I had lots of ink in my hand and I wanted to dump the ink from my hand."

Kaylin asked what the ink represented. " With ink I express myself", she said.

Kaylin asked "How are you expressing yourself now? How are you dumping ink in the world right now?"

Nancy said "I think one of the ways I'm expressing myself is by empowering people to follow these transitional ways ... By empowering people with the functional art of Permaculture."

Kaylin stayed a little longer then said her goodbyes- off to the Kona Coast to swim with dolphins.

Then another little piece of magic happened... waiting downstairs for their turn to visit our Nance were three of her good friends here as representatives of Transition Town Sebastopol. Scott McCuen, Wendy and our very own Ben Zolno. They were here to present her with a big-1 1/2 x 2ft card. On the outside was a beautiful watercolor of a purple Iris by a friend of hers. On the inside were writings and photos of the dozen or so sub groups within the local chapter that Nancy spearheaded and helped so much to bring about. In essence, this card was presented to honor her for " empowering people to follow these transitional ways....to empower people with the functional art of permaculture." It was such an immediate confirmation and a validation of her vision and her life! What a gift...what a healing that is happening!

The synchronicity of timing was not lost on her.

In the depth of my soul I believe that the significance of this moment and the affirmation of her life had a profound affect and allowed a change to happen that reverberated through her being.

Who could ask for more?

Nancy took her nap, woke and we talked and sang, I sang her songs as Sean massaged her feet. She loved La's chicken soup for dinner and then it was lights out.


Sweet Dreams my Beloved

5 comments:

gigicoyle said...

Dear Nancy ,
Just trying to do a blog for the first time you have lured me in to a new world.Even now , you are like the dolphins luring us into the ocean ...I am here in Hawaii with our kin, swimming and dreaming of you ...remembering the first time i came to Ojai and you gave me a massage ...such a sweet gateway in to the luminous valley of the hot rabbits.And now you move thru more gateways each day touching and being touched by so many ...such a bridge person you are ....
I too must say i have felt at times ambivalent to stay in this world and yet our delicate connection is so strong..it is such a challenge to relax when feeling so much the joy and distress on our planet ...thank you for being such a woman who cares deeply. I am singing your song here as much as I know it.... over this rainbow bridge , and appreciating the songlines that continue to bring us together.I was so touched by your reaching out to join you in building new community ...know we are doing that now together with the dolphins as well .
with much love and gratitude for you GG

Anonymous said...

Gary,
I have wondered how you are. And so, especially grateful to hear words and stories from Garu. Although I have only spent a little time with you and Nancy, it has felt special and sweet. And remember the deep joy when Nancy found you and your life partnership commenced. Take good care, dear Friend. And do tell us of your journey and in-sights. Thank you for including us in your Beloved, our Beloved Nancy's journey. May blessings flow to you. Love & Light-Liz

Lani Jacobson said...

Thank You, Gary, for sharing this story. It gives me real joy to know that Nancy got this magically timed and powerful validation of her own contribution to what she valued most. These images you've shared provide some salve to a sore heart.

I've been thinking of you these past days, and appreciating you deeply for the powerful and loving support that you've been able to provide to the luminous and Nancy ... as she journeys deeper into the great Mystery.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that when someone passes that you barely knew or didn't even know you learn so much about them, then you have regrets that you didn't get to know them better or at least call. I learned much about our grandfather from our step dad that maybe mom and her mom didn't want us to know or just never spoke of if not asked about. I feel I knew our father but not as much as I should have had we talked more later in life. I feel truly blessed to have been able to tell him "I love you, Dad" over the phone just a month or so before his passing and hear his response. He was at peace and I thought he was in full recovery and going home, but I guess he was going home. If any thing could be changed in my life, it would be to say I love you more often. I love you Gary and Nancy

Hello & Goodbye said...

Gary/Garu....Thank you you for your writing to all of us. Your writing is a manifestation the giving essence that I have seen in you.

Sage Lee One